Friday, May 2, 2014

Cry out to Jesus


It's been a while since I blogged so I thought I'd share the 2 Psalms I wrote for a class assignment in seminary.  I love being raw and vulnerable with my Savior.  He knows my heart and gets me like no one else.  I loved doing this assignment and I pray my psalms encourage you to cry out to Jesus and let him in. 



Psalm of Lament

Lord, I am wailing out to you, do you not hear?
And what will you do if I continue in this inexcusable fear
and if I proceed to weep, searching for help with
confusion that continues to seep?

Will you hear me? Answer my pain?
Or will you let me be, going frantically insane?
I long for your help from this ugly sin,
causing me to weep, desiring to win.

Transgressions, misdeeds, all this wrong living in me. 
It’s tearing me up, killing this heart, wanting to be free.
Lord, I weep; I hurt. Consuming in lies, bringing me down,
so many tries.  Yet this face still sits a frown.

Have you rejected me?
Leaving me in the dark where my eyes cannot see?
Assuming I’ll find the mark laid out before me?

It never dies, not even when I pray.
Does it even matter what I say?  It’s wrong, it’s wrong!!
Can’t I see, I’m blinded by Satan’s way.

This sin is an addiction I crave.  I lose myself to that little voice.
This sin, I have fallen and made myself slave.
Save me from this pit; this blazing fire.
This being longs to fit in your heart’s desire.

The devils’ screaming, breathing down my neck
and I feel like a wreck.  Your heart is filled with pain
and these tears, they keep on streaming. I am a mess.

O God, listen to my prayer, hear my cry and open your ears.
Look at these tears of mine.  I long for you.  Your love and
truth are all that keeps me together.

My sins are all around me, and I can’t find my way. 
I feel weak. Please show that you care and come to my rescue.
You are my savior, O my God, come quickly. Help me to defeat this sin.
No one else can rescue me. You will give me victory and crush this sin.


A Psalm of Praise

O, thank God, he’s so good.
When I am inside God's walls I feel safe.
He looks after me.
Even if all other walls fall,
I hold to the truth because God is my place of safety.
I live with the Lord for He is my stronghold.
The world is busy outside of its walls,
But my trust is in God, for He will guide me.

The enemy fights for my attention,
but God fights more.
And this sin is chasing after me,
but God is calling out to me.
His love never runs out. 
He set me free a long time ago.
His love endures forever.

So I thank God for His marvelous love
And for the wonderful things he does for me.
O, thank God, he’s so good.
I see what he has done and it takes my breath away.

This sin tried to get cozy with me,
but I cried out to God with my mouth.
He heard my plea and came to my rescue.
He came quickly when he heard my prayer.
Praise God, for he did not ignore my prayer
Or withdraw his unfailing love from me.
His love endures forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment