Saturday, March 31, 2012

Torn Up Inside


Today is the anniversary of my Aunt Cecelia's tragic death.  March 31, 2006 is the day her life ended on this earth.  That was a very hard and painful day, but the weeks and year to follow only led to more pain and hardship. Left with little answers, but I know there will be a day when the truth comes out. I cried out to the Lord many nights that year. Wrestling with Him, longing for answers. Today, this heart still grieves and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her. I loved the relationship I had with my precious aunt Cecelia. Below is a poem I wrote that tragic year during the most painful mourning I have ever walked through.

Torn Up Inside

I wallow in my pain,
It’s hard to let go.
Barely staying sane,
I feel so low.

Broken into pieces,
Trying to move on,
Distant from Jesus,
I cry all day long.

My heart is aching,
Cecelia’s gone.
The sorrow is growing,
Time passes on.

I toss and turn,
Praying to God,
Trying to understand-
“WHY DID SHE BURN?”

The pain hasn’t left,
I continue to mourn.
Seeking answers,
I feel so torn.

This love makes me cry,
It tears me up within.
“WHY DID SHE DIE?”
I just can’t understand.

I’ll miss her love,
This I can’t deny.
Thank God from above,
This isn’t goodbye!

Up in Heaven,
I pray she will be!
I wait for my time-
One day I will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment